Search Engine Optimization or SEO as we know it, is the skillful manipulation of keywords in a website content so that it receives a high ranking from the search engines and hence, attracts more traffic. Here are the 5 things one must advertisers and content writers must know about SEO copywriting-
- The Right Keywords – SEO works on a basic principle- insert the right keywords at the right places in an article. Do a short research and find out the keywords that relate to your business that are most likely to be searched on the various search engines, Google, Yahoo, MSN etc. Insert the keyword at times 3-4 times in your article, in headlines as well as subheads.
- Analyzing Competitor Websites – SEO is a race of its own kind. It’s your approach towards SEO copywriting that will win you the race. To get it right, go on to your competitor’s website occasionally and get an access to what is making Google rank their website on the top.
- Title Tags and Meta Description Tags – Title tags have enormous ranking value. Be the attention seeker, if you have to survive in this market and make your links clickable by using unique title tags on every page of your website and optimizing them.
- Content of an Article – The quality of content must be top notch. SEO copywriting relies on the use of the right keywords at the right places. It may put you in the spotlight for some time but it is up to the content whether you stay there for long or not. The quality of your content decides your customer’s interest.
- Writing Links – Build links that are perfectly search engine optimized and are reader-friendly. Building user friendly links will enhance your site’s ranking. Also ensure that you get your keywords into the link text.
SEO copywriting can fetch you great results if you get it right. The world of web may be over used, but it is here to stay, leaving the only option to marketers – Grab the attention!
Image courtesy InternetNewZealand.com