Social Media is the way to get into your customer’s minds, but staying there is a different story altogether. Getting someone to notice you is one thing, and to remember you the day after is another. Most people spend their waking moments checking their Facebook profile, and the last thing before they go to sleep. There are several fish in the sea, so what would make you the whale?
Here are some useful tips that would help you enhance your business through face book:
- Invite People from your Friends List: Your objective should be to reach out to people who you know would be interested in finding out about your business. People generally form an opinion by seeing the number of “likes” for a particular page.
- Make it “Interactive”: By facilitating a private messaging tool you can reach out to twice the amount of people since they would be able to ask you questions and you would be able to provide them with spot on answers. Nobody enjoys a “download”, and making it a two way interaction would help boost the popularity for your page.
- Provide Consistent Updates: “Out of sight…out of mind” is something you want to avoid like the plague if you want your page to get noticed, and even more importantly appreciated. By reshuffling photographs and keeping up with the current trends will keep your fans and followers hooked. For example, if you own a restaurant that goes by the name “Bombay Bakers”, you can tag your fans with punch lines like “don’t miss the free chocolate cup cakes this Friday!”
- Grammar Grammar! Spelling mistakes and incorrect usage of grammar can be the biggest turn off, and would instantly make the reader close your page, not bothering to ever look at it again. Proof reading is a must. Also, don’t make your writing style complicated with big words, make it simple and to the point. People sitting online do not have the time to look up the meaning for different words, so avoid the heavy” vocabulary.
- Clutter Free: Make sure you update the new, and take out the old. Avoid whatever has already been said or done. In addition to that, make sure your page is easy on the eyes and has more photographs to support what your brand is trying to sell. Visual appeal is very important if you want to make an everlasting effect on the readers.
The most important thing that can either make it or break it is the way you sell your brand, because “sell” is the one word you want to stay away from. Inform your readers about why your product or your business is good, but do not ask them to “buy” it because a desperate attempt to sell something always makes the potential customer think twice and then most likely decline your offer. So, keep it simple, keep it fresh, and keep it appealing, and you will surely get more than what you set out for with your social media marketing strategy.
Image courtesy mashable.com